Speed dating leicester square london
The name literally means “peasant’s wood” (and currently has one of the highest qualities of life in the country).
For 2 weeks in September 2016, all of the adverts used in the station were replaced by photos of cats.
In East Enders, the fictional Walford East tube station takes the place of Bromley-by-Bow.
Despite the black horses depicted in station murals, it’s actually named after a nearby black .
Harry Selfridge drew up proposals for a direct subway connecting the station to his store, and for the station to be renamed ‘Selfridges’. As an architectural shortcut, it was essentially a replica of Kennington station when it was first built.
The name was shortened over 60 times, and eventually settled on Cannon Street in the 17th century. Named after Cannons, a vast house built on the site in 1724 at the cost of £28m (adjusted for inflation).
It was demolished and sold off brick by brick 20 years later. The longest single journey between neighbouring stations: 9 mins on average to Chesham.
There was another Canning Town station north of Barking road, but when the DLR came along, instead of adding a platform to the existing station, they simply demolished the whole thing and built a new one from scratch.